Kale & Shredded Brussel Sprouts
1 lb Brussels Sprouts, sliced thin (about 9 or 10 cups)
1 bunch green kale, sliced thin (about 5 cups)
1 bunch red kale, sliced thin (about 5 cups)
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
1/2 cup chopped raw almonds
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil plus 2 tbsp
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp white wine
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Let’s get started.
1. Over medium heat, cook 2 tbsp oil with garlic for 1 minute.
2. Add sprouts and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add white wine and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
4. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss together kale and carrots.
5. When sprouts are cooked, add to kale mix.
6. Whisk together remaining oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
7. Add oil mix to kale and sprouts and toss.
8. Top with chopped almonds.