Ginger Butternut Squash Soup
- 8 cups of peeled and diced butternut squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp peeled and finely diced ginger
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 cups of vegetables stock or chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prep vegetables.
- Add olive oil a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute, about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, cayenne, and vegetable stock, mix well, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cover.
- Continue cooking until squash is fork tender.
- Puree until smooth with a stick blender or in batches in a counter top blender